TCC – New Products
Cardrona Distillery is family owned and operated. The very best equipment has been sourced from the four corners of the earth, to make great hand-crafted Single Malt Whisky, Gin, Single Malt Vodka and limited edition Liqueurs.
Led by Desiree Whitaker, the exquisite range of Whiskies, spirits and liqueurs produced at the Cardrona Distillery is the result of many years of study, planning and research. Desiree learned her craft from some of the world’s masters and has shaped the very character that is Cardrona Distillery.
The Source Gin
- Awarded Gold at the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition 2016, THE SOURCE Gin is forged by the four seasons that blow through the Cardrona Valley, Southern Alps, New Zealand. A natural matrix of locally foraged rosehip, together with traditional juniper, coriander seed, angelica root, lemon and orange zest, vapour-distilled into our Single Malt Spirit. We refuse to chill-filter to deliver you full flavour and character. Because THE SOURCE is non-chill-filtered, you will notice the spirit clouds with dilution or when cold – a mark of distinction for this very rare and special drop. 47% ABV
The Reid Single Malt Whisky
- Great vodka starts with great ingredients. the reid Single Malt Vodka is crafted exclusively from the King of Grains – malted barley – giving a decadently rich spirit layered with character. Pear drops, toffee and biscuits on the nose with a weighted spirit on the tongue. Exquisite sipped neat or mixed into a crafted cocktail. 44%ABV
Growing Wings Solera Whisky
- “Growing Wings” is a natural, cask strength celebration of five years in oak. Pecan pie, loaded with treacle and vanilla bean clotted cream. Growing Wings Solera is a marriage of select ex-Oloroso Sherry butts and ex-bourbon barrels brought together. 65.6% ABV
Jaffa Cake Gin
- Consider the Jaffa cake. A timeless treat. Now, if something is delicious, chances are someone will make a gin with it, and that’s exactly what has happened here. Jaffa Cake Gin is distilled with oranges, fresh orange peel, cocoa powder and Jaffa cakes. Actual Jaffa cakes. As in “Right, we could eat these yummy Jaffa cakes, or we could put the Jaffa cakes in this vacuum still and make Jaffa Cake Gin.” It’s that kind of situation. The result is just like you’d expect – full-on Jaffa cake tastiness built around a distinctive base of crisp juniper. The label claims it’ll make the best Negroni mankind has ever seen, but we’ll let you be the judge of that one – though you will get top marks if you stick a Jaffa cake on your glass like a citrus wheel garnish. 42% ABV
- Reyka is an Icelandic vodka, distilled from wheat and barley. It is also the world’s first “green” vodka, it being made from glacial water and distilled using sustainable energy from geothermal heat. 40%