Personal appearance as a representative of the hotel is of extreme importance. Each employee is part of the collective image of the Aberdeen Douglas hotel and this is vital to the way in which the Guest views us in the hotel and in the community.
- Hair should be clean and long hair tied back. Extreme hairstyles are not allowed.
- No items of jewellery to be worn with the exception of a wedding band
- Nails should be clean and well maintained
- No nail varnish should be used
- Uniform where issued should be clean and pressed / ironed
- Use minimal make up only, to allow for complimenting your image
- Sandals or clogs are not allowed as footwear
- Name badges must be worn particularly in Guest contact areas
- Daily showers are recommended to maintain good personal hygiene and self confidence
- Wash hands frequently, using hot soapy water, particularly after;
- Using the toilet
- Handling rubbish
- Prolonged handling of money
- Avoid the bad habits like scratching, picking the nose
- All cuts and sores must be covered with an appropriate blue waterproof dressing
Whether you are issued with a uniform for a particular area of the hotel or you are required to wear a business suit or dress, ensure the items selected fit well and are comfortable. Always check that your footwear is clean and in good condition.
First impressions last