How to cash up a till
CREDIT CARD MACHINES (X2)
- Press the menu button (grey button on the top right hand side of the key pad)
- Press menu button again
- Make sure ‘Total/reports’ is highlighted and press the green button
- Enter code ‘0717’ followed by green button
- Select ‘X totals’. It’s a touch screen so simply highlight this heading followed by the green button
- Select ‘yes’. This will print out a x report
- Repeat steps 1 – 7 for the second card machine
CHECKING THE ‘X READ’ INFO
- Press the home button to get back to the main screen with the options for end of day , management , home etc.
- From here press end of day- x report – system x report (not station ).
- Hit the option to print the x report.
- Check the X report from the tills to the X report from the card machines- add the card machine totals up to make sure they equal to the value on the x report on the till.
- Once you have got these to the same value you can now progress to the z report of both the tills and the card machines.
Z REPORTS OF THE CARD MACHINES
- Follow the steps from the X report but instead of X make sure its Z report.
Z REPORT FOR TILLS
- Follow the steps from X report to change Z report. When you have checked that everything has matched on paper fill in the cash up sheets with the correct information and values in the correct spaces. This needs to be exactly what is shown on the receipts.